I have always loved purple, it’s my favourite colour and always makes me feel happy when I see it. Colour has an amazing way of making us feel uplifted and energised, so it’s important to have colours that you love around you as much as possible.
I remember the joy of being able to choose the colour for my bedroom when I was a teenager, and I jumped at the chance to have a lavender bedroom with blue tones and always loved my time chilling out in my purple haven. It felt dreamy and mystical to me and inspired me to be creative, and spent many hours writing my dreams and wishes.
Below is a great website which tells you about your favourite colour and the psychology of your colour personality – check out for your favourite colour. Below is a snippet of what my purple personality means….looks like coaching is a good fit for this colour personality!
If Your Favourite Colour is Purple
· Having either purple or violet as your favourite colour means you are sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself - you are the person others come to for help - being needed motivates you but sometimes people take advantage of you.
· You are a gentle and free spirit. Your feelings run deep and you can be quite sensitive to hurtful comments from others, although you would never show it.
· Being a personality colour purple, you have a peaceful and tranquil quality and a quiet dignity about you. People are drawn to your charismatic and alluring energy. You are usually introverted rather than extroverted and may give the impression of being shy although this is not the case.
· You are creative and like to be individual in most of your endeavours, including your dress and home decoration - you love the unconventional.
· With your personality colour purple you inspire others with your creative thinking and your ability to deal positively with adversity.
· You are very intuitive and quite psychic or at least interested in spiritual growth or the occult - you seek spiritual fulfilment. You look for the meaning of life.
· As a personality colour purple, you are a generous giver, asking for little in return except friendship.
· You are a good judge of character and sum others up quite quickly and accurately, although you usually see the best in everybody.
You can bring colour into your life through your clothes, accessories, décor in your home, flowers, your vehicle, sportswear, stationery, artwork or meals to name a few…
What colours inspire you the most and where could you bring more colour into your life?
Photo credits - pinterest